Some Brazilian beaches are also known as the Brazilian Caribbean due to the beauty of its waters, which remind a lot of Caribbean destinations.
They can be great tips on places to travel in Brazil, for those looking for paradisiacal destinations.
Brazilian Caribbean: 7 Beaches in Brazil for you to feel in the Caribbean
1 – Arraial do Cabo
The crystal clear sea and in wonderful blue tones, can remind you of the amazing beaches of Curaçao. The weather also helps.
Arraial do Cabo has warm and little rainy weather for most of the year as in the Caribbean island.
- The best: the beaches are beautiful and have crystal clear waters
- The worst: the destination has good accommodation infrastructure, but it lacks charm and good night options in the city
- When to go: the weather is good most of the year. But as the seawater is very cold, bet on September to November, when it starts to heat up, and it is not yet high season. In summer, the destination is overcrowded.
- Where to stay: check out our post with tips from hostels in Arraial do Cabo
- How many days: 4 days
2 – Maragogi and Costa dos Corais
Located on the Costa dos Corais, north coast of Alagoas, Maragogi is part of a complex of beaches that also includes Japaratinga, Porto de Pedras and São Miguel dos Milagres.
In common, all these cities have incredible natural pools at low tide, and a sea with colors worthy of the best beaches in Aruba.
- The best: the great highlight are the natural pools, also called galleys
- The worst: traveling to Alagoas may not be one of the cheapest destinations in Northeast Brazil
- When to go: it is essential to see the tide table, to go at low tide, when the natural pools can be better used.
- Where to stay: although Mararogi is the most famous city, bet on Japaratinga, a neighboring city with good accommodation options. The Pousada do Alto has an infinity pool facing the sea, a must.
- How many days: 7 days, to make a complete itinerary in Costa dos Corais and Maceió
3 – Porto de Galinhas
Every time someone asks me for a travel tip for the Northeast, Porto de Galinhas is the destination that comes to my mind.
Like Punta Cana, it is a place in the Caribbean that brings a great combination of natural beauty and infrastructure.
- The best: it is one of the best destinations in Brazil for those looking to reconcile nature and good infrastructure.
- The worst: Porto de Galinhas is one of the most sought after beaches in Brazil, so it can be an overcrowded destination.
- When to go: bet on the low season months, when prices become more competitive.
- Where to stay: for those who want to save money, staying in the center is the order. For those looking for more comfort and structure, look for hotels in Muro Alto or Maracaípe, like the delicious Xalés de Maracaípe
- How many days: from 4 to 7 days, as there are many interesting round trips to do in the region.
4 – Fernando de Noronha
The unbeatable Praia do Sancho is considered one of the best beaches in the world.
So, we can even compare Fernando de Noronha’s beaches with other Caribbean destinations, like Los Roques, also an archipelago with many beauties above and under the sea.
But in Noronha is where the best beach in the world is, period.
- The best: the beaches are unbeatable, and the marine life is very rich, even in snorkeling activities.
- The worst: the price is the biggest impediment; traveling to Noronha can be more expensive than going to the Caribbean
- When to go: the second semester and summer are the best times, but for those who want to save money, it is worth betting in April and July, but it risks raining in a few days
- Where to stay: Vila dos Remédios is the center of the island, where most of the inns are concentrated, but Vila dos Trinta can also be an option
- How many days: 5 days
5 – Arraial d’Ajuda, Trancoso and Praia do Espelho
For those who are looking for the Northeast climate without spending a lot, Porto Seguro is the best option.
But since Porto Seguro ends up being the land of excursions and packages (just like Cancun, Mexico), it is worth escaping to Arraial d’Ajuda, Trancoso, or Caraíva, which bring greater privacy and sophistication to travelers (as well as Playa del Carmen or Cozumel).
Praia do Espelho, for example, is one of the most incredible destinations in this piece of paradise (although it is not so economical here).
- The worst: accommodation prices vary a lot, but if you plan well, you can find great value for money
- Where to stay: if you want to save money, Arraial d’Ajuda; if you want charm, the Trancoso Square; if you want privacy, Praia do Espelho.
- How many days: 7 days.