Seattle’s Salmon is Known Worldwide.
There are many varieties of fish. King, Coho, and Chinook to name a few.
And yes, we have a favorite recipe.
Broiled Salmon with Mustard and Lemon
Broiled Salmon with Mustard and Lemon is a simple recipe that gives you fantastic results. The citrusy flavor with a punch of caramelized Dijon mustard tantalizes your taste buds. The flavors of Dijon mustard and lemon juice go so well with the sweetness of fish. Cooked in no more than 15 minutes, this dish is a perfect treat for both weekdays and weekends.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
2 salmon fillets, skin-on and 1-inch thick
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Kosher salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
2 tbsp lemon juice
Fresh Lemon slices for garnish
- Pat the salmon fillets dry using a kitchen towel.
- Season the salmon fillets generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper on both sides.
- Prepare a sheet pan by lining it with aluminum foil. Place the seasoned salmon fillets on the prepared sheet pan. Make sure you place the skin downwards.
- In a small glass bowl, add olive oil and Dijon mustard. Mix well until the two ingredients combine.
- Using a brush, baste this mixture on both sides of salmon fillets generously.
- Place the baking pan in a broiler and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the salmon gets a dark brown crust and the center of the fish fillet is dark pink. You can increase the cooking time for a well-done fish. Also, ensure the rack is about six inches away from the broiler’s heat source.
- Once done, take the baking pan out of the broiler and drizzle fresh lemon juice on top.
- Serve with lemon slices. Enjoy!