Classic Spanish Sangria
Classic Spanish Sangria is a traditional drink that originated in Spain. It’s typically made with red wine and orange juice, with the addition of brandy or port for flavor. The key ingredient to this drink is the use of orange juice, which creates the perfect balance between sweet and tart flavors.
Classic Spanish Sangria can be served chilled or at room temperature. If you want to make it more festive, serve it in a pitcher with a slice of orange floating in each glass; this will add some color and an interesting texture to your drink.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: N/A
Refrigerating time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 5 minutes
1 small lemon
1 medium orange
1 small lime
1/3 cup white sugar
1 cup rum
3/2 cup orange juice
3/2 bottle dry red wine
- Before making the drink, ensure that orange juice, wine, rum, and fruit are well chilled.
- Place orange, lime, and lemon on the cutting board and, cut into thin rounds, transfer to the glass pitcher.
- Then add sugar to the pitcher, pour in the rum, mix well, and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Take the pitcher out of the refrigerator and use a wooden spoon to crush the fruits lightly. Then pour in orange juice and wine.
- Once done, transfer to the serving glasses and serve immediately.